POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : 64bit windows compile? : Re: 64bit windows compile? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 09:55:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64bit windows compile?
From: Rich
Date: 18 Apr 2004 13:54:41
Message: <Xns94CF792EFC3B7spammindspringcom@203.29.75.35>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> In article <c5ubkf$17b$1@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
><chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:
>
>> Do i understand this right, MS offers a free beta version but not a
>> compiler suited for generating the appropriate programs (neither free
>> nor for $$$)?

As some people on this board are so fond of saying, it's a beta, how can
you expect everything to work on it?  :)  Visual Studio .Net dose not yet
install on Windows XP 64bit.  At least not the build I have.

> No, the compiler is available.  You just need to have the usual MSDN
> subscription to get early access easily.  Not even sure if you need to
> sign an NDA for it currently.

I have a Universal subscription to MSDN though work.  Can you tell me where
the compiler is on subscriber downloads?  Thanks!

Rich